This unique lifting, firming and rejuvenating facial incorporates hot steamed Thai herbal compress and cooling jade stone massage with lymphatic drainage techniques to create healthy skin and a glowing complexion from within.
Using a protocol pioneered by Cecily Braden, a leader in the spa industry, and developed in collaboration with Dr. Ping Zhang, this treatment combines the best of cosmetic herbal treatments from the Chinese and Thai herbal traditions with the knowledge of myofascial beautifying techniques used by Chinese royalty for hundreds of years. This relaxing facial massage works for nearly everyone of all ages and genders and the clinical techniques are customized for each patient by Beth Griffing, LAc.
The Thai Herb and Jade Stone Myofascial Facial will result in immediate effects that last all year with a core-course of 8-12 treatments*:
- Instantly lifts and tones face, renewing facial contours
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines of face and neck
- Lifts sagging eyelids and smooths bags, reduces appearances of dark circles and wrinkles around eyes
- Flatten smoker’s lines (upper lip) and smile lines including “marionette” lines, diminishes appearance of lines between eyebrows (the “11”s)
- Diminish blemishes and dark spots, acne marks, pregnancy mask and other skin problems
- Promotes radiant skin by increasing blood circulation and stimulating collagen production
- Provide lymphatic drainage and increase lymphatic flow of face, head, and neck
- Reduces pore size and clears clogged pores
- Relaxes and activates facial fascia, muscles, soft tissue, sinuses, and tendons
- Detoxifies and oxygenates skin from within
- Relieve symptoms of aching jaws and tension headaches – Great for TMJ!
- Relieve sinus pressure and blocked ears
*monthly clinical maintenance work is recommended to maintain results.
Benefits compared to cosmetic surgery, botox, injections, strong peels:
No tissue damage
No physical trauma
No time off from work
No recovery time — walk out glowing
Thai steamed herbal compress facial massage:
The Thai restorative facial compress contains an organic herbal blend developed by a Thai traditional herbalist. The ground or chopped herbs are wrapped in an organic muslin cloth with a small cloth handle. Prior to treatment it is then soaked and steamed to release the benefits of the therapeutic herbs for tendons, ligaments, muscles and skin of the face, including the very fine skin around the eyes. The herbal combination includes java apple, which contains 100x more Vitamin C than orange; patchouli and geranium soothe irritated epidermis and rejuvenate aging skin while roselle smoothes fine lines and improves skin clarity. Beth Griffing LAc continues to study Thai Traditional Herbal medicine and has been using steamed Thai herbal compresses clinically for over a year with excellent results.
Nefeli Myofascial Gua Sha Facial:
The gua sha massage uses gentle strokes of an agate or nephrite (‘white jade’) stone tool that has been shaped to precisely contour the face and lift the neck when applied with skillful technique. Its smooth edges have been tooled to stimulate collagen and help diminish wrinkles and fine lines. The Nefeli Miracle Touch Jade Gua Sha Board has been patented by Dr. Ping Zhang, and Beth Griffing, LAc has been certified to perform & teach this subtle technique by Dr. Zhang directly.
The recommended course of treatment is 8 visits twice a week (one month of intensive treatment), or a series of 12 visits weekly (3 months). Maintenance treatments may continue once monthly or quarterly. Results last 1-3 years with monthly and home maintenance and may take 5-15 years off your face.
The degree of change depends on age, overall health, concurrent and past facial treatments, and degree of severity. The unifying result is a brighter, smoother, more relaxed and radiant expression of your natural beauty.
This is a particularly great facial for men because it can be applied through the beard.
It can be extremely effective with only a neutral oil, or more specific anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and anti-wrinkle topicals can be used during treatment and at home for an even stronger effect for specific skin imbalances.