Instructor: Boynn McIntire, LAc
Date & Time:
January 20th – February 24th
Sundays 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Course Description: This 6-week class, (weekly on Sundays) provides instruction and practice on the foundational exercises in this beautiful and powerful meditation practice. Kriya Meditation follows a systematic structure, and all of the adept practices start with the exercises covered in the course. This course includes class instruction, written handouts, and access to recordings of the meditation sessions.
Students who wish to continue practice after the introductory course will be welcome to take the Level 1 and 2 classes offered sequentially in two 4 week series.
What is Kriya Meditation?
Kriya Meditation is a systematic meditation from yogic lineage. This meditation is traditionally referred to as a “science” meditation because it is practical, non-dogmatic, and regular practice yields predictable results. The purpose of Kriya meditation is to quicken your growth and facilitate peace and well-being.
Outcomes of Kriya Meditation include:
- A stronger nervous system
- Regular clean-up of the spinal column and energetic centers within the body
- Deeper connections between the glands and structures within the brain, including but not limited to the pineal and pituitary
- Recognition and cleaning up of emotions and thought patterns that block growth
- Improved intuition
- Greater self-knowledge and understanding
- Increased ability to act at the moment as needed for the service of others
From the instructor: This practice was given to me by my beloved teacher Diane Wilson. I’ve been practicing Kriya since 2003, and this meditation has positively influenced my major life choices and direction, including my career as an acupuncturist and teacher. My lineage includes Audle Allison, Dr. Bhagat Singh Thind, Roy Eugene Davis, and Paramahansa Yogananda. It is my intention to share this practice with all who yearn to grow and be of service to others in our day to day, challenging world.