Due to a recent audit of our billing practices we will be changing the way in which we collect Co-Pays, Co-Insurances & Deductibles. Common insurance billing practices & billing codes dictate the way in which we are required to bill health insurance companies. Because of this it is not uncommon for insurance billing rates to be higher than our cash (aka, pay at time-of-service) rates.
The following changes are effective January 1st, 2016
- Co-Pays will be due at the time of service.
- Co-Insurances & Deductibles will be collected after we have received the EOB (explanation of benefits) from your insurance company.
- Patients may opt-in to pay a small deposit of $20 towards their Co-Insurance or Deductible for the date of service in order to lower the future balance.
- Patients may opt-in to leave their credit card on file and balances be auto-billed with 48-hour notice.
- Patients with balances greater than $150 or unpaid Missed Appointments may be prevented from rescheduling until balances have been paid or other arrangements made.
- All and One Acupuncture and Wellness reserves the right to make changes to their billing policies & practices at any time.
- It is solely up to All and One Acupuncture and Wellness to credit or discount patient responsibility costs.
Some things to know about using your insurance benefits
- Insurance benefits may be verified but not guaranteed.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to know where they are in their benefits. i.e. how many appointments/amount of benefit has been used.
- Insurance billing generally takes 6-8 weeks from your appointment to be processed and can take up to six months to settle with the insurance company. If there are errors, this may also affect benefit usage.
- Insurance companies tend to batch claims, which could result in a high patient responsibility balance.
- Depending on your insurance plan some codes we bill do not apply to acupuncture benefits and may apply to a separate benefit or your deductible. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to verify this prior to billing.