Why did I receive a bill?
- If you are using health insurance, the only payment required at the time of your appointment may be a co-pay. You will receive an EOB (explanation of benefits) from your insurance company as well as an invoice from our office with your total balances. We do not determine how much you owe or why: this is determined by your insurance company.
Why didn’t I receive a bill?
- Our office does not send paid-in-full invoices unless requested. You may request to be added to our ongoing receipt list to have your Superbills mailed or e-mailed to you monthly.
How do I pay my bill?
- You may call our office at (503) 281-6909 to pay by credit card. Please reference the total due on the summary you received with your bill.
You may mail a check for the balance due to:
All and One Acupuncture
2906 NE Glisan St
Portland, OR 97232
This is our preferred method for satisfying past due accounts.
- We accept Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, Amex & Discovery
- You may opt-in to have your balances auto-billed
What if I overpaid?
- If the amount paid on the date of service is greater than the patients’ responsibility the over payment will be applied as an account credit and applied to the oldest balance, if any. If there is still a remaining credit then the patient may request a refund or will be sent a refund check quarterly for the quarter prior i.e., quarter one account credits will be refunded in quarter two. If you choose to request a refund you can expect to receive a refund check in the mail within 10 business days of your request.
What is the “Patient Responsibility”?
- Patient Responsibility is the amount that you will ultimately owe and may be referred to as a Co-insurance (percentage based), Co-Pay (dollar amount), or your Deductible (a set amount per year you must meet before your benefits kick in)
What is an ‘Adjustment’?
- An adjustment is the discount you receive from our insurance billing rates and the rates contracted with your insurance company.
I think there was an error with one of my bills or I disagree with the amount I owe. What do I do?
- If you believe there was an error on your bill you can also always contact Gabrielle at (503) 281- 6909, Monday – Thursdays 10-7 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you disagree with the amount you owe based on your EOB you may contact your insurance company’s customer service or follow the instructions on how to appeal directly with your insurance company.
I think I met my deductible or out-of-pocket.
- If you believe you met your deductible or out-of-pocket, please let the front desk know and we may check your insurance to verify. If on the date of service your insurance does not reflect the deductible or out-of-pocket amounts being met, you will owe the amount you typically pay.
What if my insurance company does not cover my appointment?
- Non-covered services or amounts are determined by your insurance company. Should your insurance company deny a service we will automatically discount your appointment to our most current cash rates and mail or e-mail you a bill with the explanation.
Will All and One check my insurance benefits?
- We are more than happy to check into your insurance to estimate your benefits and patient responsibility. We also periodically check to see how much of your benefit has been used, however this information is not a guarantee of benefits.
I have insurance but I don’t want to use it or I want to submit the bills myself.
- If you have insurance but do not want us to bill it, then we will simply consider you a cash-based patient. Our office can provide you a ‘Superbill” for you to submit to your insurance plan for direct reimbursement, however these may take up to a month from the date of service to receive from our office.
- Some insurance companies require us to bill them directly and will not reimburse you directly if we are an in-network provider. Please contact Gabrielle with any questions you have regarding this billing method.
FSA & HSA Accounts
- We accept the use of FSA and HSA cards at our office. However, we are unable to verify if our services are covered by your specific plan. Should you need a receipt to submit to your FSA or HSA account you may request one by calling or e-mailing us or be added to our ongoing receipt list.